Connect with us

Lifestyle

‘Help! Our father is dying’ — Actor Ogogo’s daughters reveal he’s battling stage-four cancer

Published

on

Daughters of veteran actor, Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, have appealed to Nigerians and medical professionals for help over the worsening health condition of the ace actor.

According to the daughters, hospitals have refused to continue treating their father who is battling stage-four cancer. 

The daughters, Lima and Kira Taiwo made separate emotional appeals on Instagram on Monday, urging well-wishers and anyone with experience in cancer treatment to help save their father.

In an Instagram video, Lima said her father’s condition had deteriorated and that hospitals had declined to treat him.

“Hello everybody, good evening. I’m here to ask for help for my daddy. He has cancer and it’s really, really bad. And the hospitals are refusing to treat him. At least, please, give this man a chance. Nobody wants to do anything,” she said, struggling to hold back tears.

Lima said the family only discovered the extent of the actor’s condition three weeks ago.

See also  Buhari leaves for Saudi Arabia on 9-day official visit

“You see him, you can’t even know that something is wrong that bad. It’s just starting to show. We didn’t even know until like three weeks ago,” she said.

She stressed that the appeal was strictly for medical assistance and not financial donations.

“Please, I’m begging you. If you know somebody that knows somebody that will be willing to treat him, anything, we’re willing to try anything. We’re not here to ask for money,” she added.

Lima also acknowledged support from their uncle.

“My big uncle Yayi has helped a lot. He has been of great help. Like, nobody even knew that he would show up for us this way,” she said.

Ending the video in tears, she pleaded, “Please, I can’t watch my daddy die. I can’t. I can’t. Please. Please, I’m begging you.”

In a separate video also posted on Monday, Kira disclosed that her father’s cancer was at stage four and that doctors had said chemotherapy was no longer an option.

See also  2023: Seyi Tinubu leads APC rally in Kano

“Hello everyone, I’m here for my daddy. He has cancer and is in stage 4. The hospital is saying that they cannot treat him again, like they can’t give him chemo again,” she said.

Kira appealed for any form of treatment, including chemotherapy, herbs, or alternative medicine.

“If you can treat my daddy, if you can start chemo for him, whether it’s medical or herbs, please, I’m begging you,” she said.

She expressed gratitude to Senator Yayi for his support.

“I really, really, really love to appreciate Senator Yayi. He has been the one helping us, he has been the one footing the bills,” she said.

Kira urged anyone with information on cancer treatment to contact her, her sister, or the actor directly.

“What I’m here for, what I’m here for, Gongo, is that if you can treat my daddy, if you can start chemo for him, whether it’s medical or herbs, please, I’m begging you, guys, I’m begging you, any help, anything, anybody that you know that can treat cancer, please, please, I’m begging you.

See also  Afghanistan: WHO, UNICEF hold talks with Taliban

“Please, please, if you can treat my daddy, please send me a DM. I’ll be checking my phone. Please, I don’t want my daddy to die,” she said.

Visibly emotional, she added, “God, give me strength. I’m suffering so bad… I’ve never seen my daddy in that kind of pain before. He’s saying that he doesn’t want to die.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lifestyle

Rescued kidnapped Kogi travellers recount harrowing 48-hour ordeal in kidnappers’ den

Published

on

By

Two of the 16 kidnap victims recently rescued by the military in Kogi, Ngozi Stephen and Joshua Daniel, have recounted their nearly 48-hour ordeal in captivity.

Recall that the Nigerian military had earlier disclosed that the victims were abducted on Sunday when armed criminals attacked commuters along the Ojuwo–Ajengo–Memarebo and Ojiwo–Itobe roads in Ofu LGA of the state.

They were, however, rescued on Monday during a joint security operation by the Nigerian Army, Navy, police and local vigilantes along the Ajaokuta-Anyigba road in Ofu area of the state.

Anele said one local hunter was killed while a police officer sustained injuries during the rescue operation.

She said six of the rescued abductees are male adults, six are female, while four are children, adding that they are currently undergoing documentation, medical assessment and reunification with their families.

Speaking at the Kogi state police command headquarters after their rescue, Ngozi said the abductors made her serve as an interpreter because of her fluent Hausa.

See also  Good morning! Newspaper Headlines Today: How we breach CBT centres’ servers for candidates – Hackers

She said the kidnappers listed different ransoms for the victims, which she had to communicate to the other abductees.

“So they told me, tell this person N50 million, tell this person N100 million, tell this person N70 million. That was how they were sharing it,” she recalled.

“So I would tell them, okay, this is what they said, this is the amount they said you should bring.

“Even me, they said N70 million. So even when I tried to plead and ask them to reduce it a little, they threatened to beat me up because they were beating people and all that.”

Ngozi, however, said the abductors did not beat her up, probably because she was serving as an interpreter, but seized the victims’ phones and switched them off.

According to Ngozi, the kidnappers returned the phones whenever they wanted the victims to call their relatives for ransom payment.

“At some point, they were even threatening that if we were not able to provide the money, they would just sell us to ritualists and all that,” the lady narrated.

See also  Buhari leaves for Saudi Arabia on 9-day official visit

She said the abductors fled immediately they heard gunshots from the security operatives, leaving behind the bag containing the phones and laptops they had collected from the victims.

“We were able to get back our phones. We were also able to get back the laptops. Thank God. We are now safe,” she said.

Another victim, Daniel said he was injured while trying to escape from the kidnappers.

He narrated that shortly after they were captured, he spotted a space and ran into a nearby bush, but one of the abductors chased him and attempted to cut him with a knife.

Daniel said he raised his hand to protect himself, resulting in a cut to his vein.

“That is when the cutlass landed here and cut my vein. So, I was bleeding throughout the night,” he said.

“But the bleeding stopped this morning when I got some herbs and put them on the wound before the bleeding stopped.”

Daniel said one of the abductors identified himself as Peter, adding that the captors spoke Igala, Fulani and Hausa, so the victims would not understand their conversations.

See also  Afghanistan: WHO, UNICEF hold talks with Taliban

Daniel said he was grateful to the security operatives for rescuing them.

He, however, expressed sadness over the death of a local hunter during the rescue operation and commiserated with his family.

Daniel said despite his injury, he helped carry the injured police officer from the place where they were held captive to the main road where they were evacuated.

“Even when I had this cut on my hand, I helped in carrying the officer from where we were held captive to the main road where we entered the car. My hand was swelling,” he added.

Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Nollywood actress Temitope Osoba’s fiancé alleges she died at a Lagos police station

Published

on

By

Prophet Itunu Onadeko, the fiancé of late Nollywood actress, Temitope Osoba, has alleged that the actress died at a police station in Ikorodu, Lagos State, contrary to widespread speculation that she died from complications arising from breast cancer.

Onadeko, while speaking in an interview with the Celestial Reality Check (Media Investigative Unit of the CCC) on Saturday, dismissed several allegations surrounding the actress’ final days, including claims that she was poisoned and maltreated before her death.

According to him, he was informed of Osoba’s death by an unidentified person who called him around midnight.

“It was a random person that called me around 12 am that she died in a police station in Ikorodu,” he said.

Onadeko, who is the Shepherd-in-charge of CCC Onibuore Cathedral, Bogije, Ibeju-Lekki area of Lagos State, stated that he did not know the particular police station where Osoba died but reported himself at a nearby station.

He said the actress had gone to see one Mrs Kehinde Osoba, who he said also runs a church, shortly before her death.

“She had insisted to see Mrs Kehinde Osoba, she also has a church, although she said she wanted to see me too. When they left for there, I told them that I wasn’t chanced to go that day because of church programmes.

“The hairdresser that Tope was sleeping in her place was the person that went with her. We maintained communication and she even posted ‘Ogo tun tun’ until I heard that she died in the police station,” he said.

See also  Good morning! Nigerian Newspapers  Headlines: Gunmen abduct ex-defence spokesman, wife

The prophet also denied knowledge of the exact police station where Osoba died, saying, “Although I don’t know the police station she died but I reported myself in a nearby one.”

His claim represents a fresh twist to the circumstances surrounding the actress’ death, coming after reports and social media speculation linked her death to her previous battle with breast cancer and depression from maltreatment from her fiancé’s family.

Osoba had publicly spoken about her cancer experience, including her treatment and surgery. In 2024, she announced her return to the public after the experience, describing the period as one that led to her healing, growth and empowerment.

However, Onadeko insisted that although Osoba had battled cancer and undergone surgery, the illness was not responsible for her death.

“When I first met her, after I did a redemption prayer for her, she told me she wants to do a surgery on cancer. I prayed for her. In fact the day, she planned for her surgery, she did a skit with Boda Wasiu and then we moved to Evacare Hospital,” he said.

He also dismissed the allegation that he had access to the money donated to Osoba for her surgery or used it to build his church.

See also  Buhari leaves for Saudi Arabia on 9-day official visit

“Who has an evidence that the money she got for her surgery is N30m? It wasn’t my account they sent the money to, it was hers. And I didn’t use the money to build church as rumoured. What I know is that people gave her money including Mike Adenuga who offered her a cheque. I never had access to her money.

“I met Tope like two years ago and the church has been there since 20 years ago. The church is complete before she even joined us. It has been roofed and painted,” he said.

The prophet further denied claims that Osoba was prevented from driving her car, saying she drove it herself when she travelled to Iperu shortly before her death.

“She drove the car out herself. She was going to Iperu one Sunday. I don’t know Iperu that she went to neither do I know who’s she going to meet there but I think it is her mother side,” he said.

According to him, Osoba had reservations about visiting her maternal family because she believed they had not treated her well, but he encouraged her to maintain contact with them because they were planning to get married.

Onadeko also revealed that Osoba struggled with smoking, saying he had encouraged her to stop and that members of the church were aware of the habit.

“She was dealing with smoking habit. And I wanted her to leave it. All the church members know about her smoking habit,” he said.

See also  Tinubu seals pact with G-5 governors

Onadeko equally denied allegations that the actress was maltreated before her death, including claims that faeces or urine was poured on her body as punishment for allegedly stealing biscuits.

“When we were living together, we borrow each other money. She bought gold for herself and me. But she eventually sold them and we both spent the money, there has never been a time that we were under duress.

“We never rented an apartment, the house she was living is her uncle’s house. After the surgery, she gave her uncle N1m when he insisted that he gave her something at least for staying in the house,” he maintained.

The prophet also dismissed the allegation that Osoba drank poison before her death.

He said the actress had left the church about three weeks before her death and that he contacted one of her uncles, identified as Taiwo, after learning of her death.

“She’s left the church about three weeks ago before her death. Since she died, I didn’t call any of her family. It was one of his uncles, Taiwo that I called but he was really mad at me and insisted that he doesn’t want to speak with me,” he said.

Continue Reading

Lifestyle

Popular lewd lyrics musician St. Janet is dead

Published

on

By

The Nigerian entertainment industry was thrown into another round of  mourning on Sunday morning following the News of the death of popular lewd lyrics music act and Highlife musician, Iyun Janet Ajilore, better known as St. Janet.

According to publisher and socialite, Otunba Femi Davies, who announced her death in a post shared on his Facebook page, the St. Janet died on Saturday after a brief illness.

Davies wrote, “St Janet (Iyun Janet Ajilore), a popular Nigerian Juju and Highlife musician known for her vibrant live performances, energetic stage presence and socially unfiltered party tracks, is dead. She died after a brief illness on Saturday.”

St. Janet was widely celebrated for her energetic performances and unique style, which earned her a loyal fan base within Nigeria’s Juju music community and beyond.

Throughout her career, she became a familiar figure at social events and celebrations, captivating audiences with her lively stagecraft and party-themed songs that resonated with many music lovers.

See also  Actress Tope Osoba dies at 40 after cancer battle

Her contributions to the Juju and Highlife genres helped cement her place among notable entertainers in the industry.

Since news of her death emerged, tributes have continued to pour in from fans, colleagues and admirers, many of whom have described her as a talented entertainer whose music brought joy to countless people and occasions.

Continue Reading

Trending News