Connect with us

Metro News

DSS arrests suspected kidnapper of Kogi ECWA church worshippers

Published

on

The Department of State Services has arrested Shafiu Usman, a suspected terrorist linked to the December 2025 attack on the Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA) in Aiyetoro, Kabba/Bunu LGA of Kogi state.

Suspected bandits kidnapped no fewer than 20 worshippers at the ECWA church during a Sunday service
on December 14, 2025.

Local hunters reportedly engaged in a gun duel with the criminals that left four bandits dead.

Some days after the abduction, videos showing the worshippers in captivity appeared on social media.

Some of the abducted worshippers have been reportedly released.

A security source said Usman was arrested at a hideout in Gombe state, where he had been hiding, after he was trailed by DSS operatives.

Usman was said to have confessed to collaborating with one Ibrahim Dange Battijo, a notorious bandit operating across Niger, Kwara, Kogi, and Zamfara.

The source said Usman revealed that Battijo supplied him with arms and ammunition.

See also  I’ll continue to take difficult decisions — even if there’s short-term pain, says Tinubu

Recently, the secret police have intensified efforts to arrest suspected terrorists responsible for violent attacks.

Some days ago, DSS arrested a “high-profile commander” of the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) linked to the June 5, 2022 attack on St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo state.

The suspect, identified as Sani Yusuf, is the sixth person to be arrested in connection with the attack, which left over 40 worshippers dead and several others injured.

Metro News

Terrorists release videos of abducted Ogbomoso school principal, teacher as they beg FG, Makinde for help

Published

on

By

Videos showing the principal and a teacher who were abducted from schools in Oriire LGA of Oyo state have been released by their abductors.

It would be recalled that suspected terrorists attacked Baptist Nursery and Primary School, Yawota; Community Grammar School, Esiele; and L.A. Primary School in Ogbomoso, all in Oriire LGA last Friday.

The Oyo police command said two people were killed during the attack on the schools. At least 45 schoolchildren and teachers were reportedly kidnapped during the incident.

The commissioner for information in Oyo state, Dotun Oyelade, said the kidnappers have been reportedly trapped in a section of the Old Oyo National Park.

In one of the trending videos, Alamu F.O, principal of Community High School, Esiele, narrated how gunmen invaded the school on Friday at about 9:30 am.

The principal said the staff members and students at the school were abducted during the attack.

See also  Security alert: Criminals planning bomb attacks on markets, religious centres, others - DSS

“We have been here since Friday. I’m making this video to ask for help from everyone, starting from the Federal Government, Oyo state governor, Seyi Makinde, Christian Association of Nigeria, and all well-meaning Nigerians,” she pleaded.

“Come to our help and settle this thing peacefully so that our lives will not be lost.”

The background of the video shows that it was shot in a forest.

Another video shows a woman carrying a child on her back, who identified herself as Temitope, a worker at First Baptist Church, Yawota.

While in tears, she said the gunmen attacked the Baptist School on Friday and kidnapped the teachers and schoolchildren.

“Please help us. We need help. Tinubu, please help us. Our governor, Seyi Makinde, please help us. The children are here crying. Please help us so that we won’t waste our lives,” she said.

Continue Reading

Metro News

NDLEA intercepts ammunition concealed in bags of garri

Published

on

By

Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency have intercepted a large cache of military-grade ammunition concealed inside bags of bags of garri during one of the agency’s anti-narcotics operations.

A suspect, Husaini Suleiman, 42, was arrested in connection with the ammunition during a raid operation at Dan Magaji area of Zaria town, Kaduna state.

The agency also discovered thousands of pills of tramadol 225mg hidden inside a keg of red oil in a separate interception.

In a statement released on Sunday, the agency’s spokesman, Femi Babafemi, disclosed that officers often come across other dangerous items while searching for illicit drugs and concealed narcotics.

The statement said, “In the course of our work searching for illicit drug concealment, we also stumble on other items that constitute threats to national security as it happened in the attached videos.

“In one instance, #ndlea_nigeria officers discovered a large cache of military grade ammunition in cassava flakes (garri) and in the second video, thousands of tramadol 225mg pills were found concealed in a keg of red oil.”

See also  BREAKING: FG considering fresh charges against Sunday Igboho

Continue Reading

Metro News

Five killed, nine rescued as building collapses in Abuja

Published

on

By

Five people are reportedly killed after a building collapsed in the Durumi 3 area of Abuja, near the popular Gudu Market.

According to reports, the iincident occurred at about 9:00 a.m. on Saturday.

The Mandate Secretary for Health and Human Services in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Dr. Adedolapo Fasawe, who spoke on behalf of rescue agencies, confirmed that 15 people were pulled from the rubble.

According to Dr. Fasawe, nine victims were rescued alive, while five were confirmed dead. One person remains in critical condition.

Dr. Fasawe said preliminary findings by the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) suggest that the developer may have compromised the quality of cement mixture used during construction.

She urged residents and developers intending to build in the nation’s capital to obtain the necessary approvals from the FCT Development Control before commencing construction.

See also  BREAKING: DSS presents eight Igboho’s aides in court
Continue Reading

Trending News