Connect with us

Metro News

Pastor remanded in prison for defiling, impregnating 14-year-old foster daughter in Ondo

Published

on

An Ondo State Family Court has ordered the remand of a pastor, Adetunji Obatayo, in prison custody for sexually assaulting his foster daughter and procuring abortion for her three times.

The victim, it was gathered, had been living with the defendant since 2020 when her parents handed over her to the pastor.

Obatayo is also the principal of the school where the 14-year-old victim attends.

The 55-year-old defendant was arrested by the men of the state police command after the victim informed her parents about the sexual relationship with the pastor.

He was later charged to court on three counts bothering on defilement, unlawfully prescribing drugs to procure abortion thereby killing an unborn child.

The offences, according to the charge, contravened Sections 218, 230, and 328 of the Criminal Laws of Ondo State, 2006.

At the proceeding, the victim told the court that Obatayo had been having intercourse with her since she started staying with him when she was 10 years old.

See also  CAC pastor kidnaps Catholic priest, says he's a disgrace to family

She said, “My parents released me to live with the pastor due to his desire to train me. On my first day in his house, he forcefully had sexual intercourse with me and told me not to tell anyone about it.

“He had impregnated me thrice and he gave me N5,000 to buy some contraceptive drugs to abort the pregnancy after many preventive drugs. But during the third pregnancy, he refused to give me money for the drug, and I stole his money to buy the pills.

”Pastor later accused me of stealing his money for my boyfriend which led to the arrest of a boy in our school and I informed my parents about his ordeal.”

Ruling, the magistrate, B.A. Alphonso, ordered the defendant to be remanded in the Olokuta Correctional Centre and directed the case file sent to the Directorate of Public Prosecutions for advice.

The magistrate ordered the victim to be taken for rehabilitation and adjourned the case to August 29, 2024 for mentioning.

See also  Customers in Togo, Benin, Niger owe $51.2m for electricity - NERC

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Terrorists release videos of abducted Ogbomoso school principal, teacher as they beg FG, Makinde for help

Published

on

By

Videos showing the principal and a teacher who were abducted from schools in Oriire LGA of Oyo state have been released by their abductors.

It would be recalled that suspected terrorists attacked Baptist Nursery and Primary School, Yawota; Community Grammar School, Esiele; and L.A. Primary School in Ogbomoso, all in Oriire LGA last Friday.

The Oyo police command said two people were killed during the attack on the schools. At least 45 schoolchildren and teachers were reportedly kidnapped during the incident.

The commissioner for information in Oyo state, Dotun Oyelade, said the kidnappers have been reportedly trapped in a section of the Old Oyo National Park.

In one of the trending videos, Alamu F.O, principal of Community High School, Esiele, narrated how gunmen invaded the school on Friday at about 9:30 am.

The principal said the staff members and students at the school were abducted during the attack.

See also  Property destroyed as tanker bursts into flames in Ondo

“We have been here since Friday. I’m making this video to ask for help from everyone, starting from the Federal Government, Oyo state governor, Seyi Makinde, Christian Association of Nigeria, and all well-meaning Nigerians,” she pleaded.

“Come to our help and settle this thing peacefully so that our lives will not be lost.”

The background of the video shows that it was shot in a forest.

Another video shows a woman carrying a child on her back, who identified herself as Temitope, a worker at First Baptist Church, Yawota.

While in tears, she said the gunmen attacked the Baptist School on Friday and kidnapped the teachers and schoolchildren.

“Please help us. We need help. Tinubu, please help us. Our governor, Seyi Makinde, please help us. The children are here crying. Please help us so that we won’t waste our lives,” she said.

Continue Reading

Metro News

NDLEA intercepts ammunition concealed in bags of garri

Published

on

By

Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency have intercepted a large cache of military-grade ammunition concealed inside bags of bags of garri during one of the agency’s anti-narcotics operations.

A suspect, Husaini Suleiman, 42, was arrested in connection with the ammunition during a raid operation at Dan Magaji area of Zaria town, Kaduna state.

The agency also discovered thousands of pills of tramadol 225mg hidden inside a keg of red oil in a separate interception.

In a statement released on Sunday, the agency’s spokesman, Femi Babafemi, disclosed that officers often come across other dangerous items while searching for illicit drugs and concealed narcotics.

The statement said, “In the course of our work searching for illicit drug concealment, we also stumble on other items that constitute threats to national security as it happened in the attached videos.

“In one instance, #ndlea_nigeria officers discovered a large cache of military grade ammunition in cassava flakes (garri) and in the second video, thousands of tramadol 225mg pills were found concealed in a keg of red oil.”

See also  Call for Interim national government is anarchy — Olanipekun

Continue Reading

Metro News

Five killed, nine rescued as building collapses in Abuja

Published

on

By

Five people are reportedly killed after a building collapsed in the Durumi 3 area of Abuja, near the popular Gudu Market.

According to reports, the iincident occurred at about 9:00 a.m. on Saturday.

The Mandate Secretary for Health and Human Services in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Dr. Adedolapo Fasawe, who spoke on behalf of rescue agencies, confirmed that 15 people were pulled from the rubble.

According to Dr. Fasawe, nine victims were rescued alive, while five were confirmed dead. One person remains in critical condition.

Dr. Fasawe said preliminary findings by the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) suggest that the developer may have compromised the quality of cement mixture used during construction.

She urged residents and developers intending to build in the nation’s capital to obtain the necessary approvals from the FCT Development Control before commencing construction.

See also  Good morning! Here Are Some Major News Headlines In The Newspapers Today: Police confirm abduction of 86 persons in Kaduna
Continue Reading

Trending News