Connect with us

Metro News

Mother of 3, Ufuoma Chidozie, beaten to death by husband




One Michael Chidozie, alleged to be a pastor in one of the Pentecostal churches in Port Harcourt, has been arrested and detained by the Police in Rivers State for allegedly beating his 32-year-old wife, Ufuoma Chidozie to death.


The victim Mrs Ufuoma Chidozie, a mother of three children,(5,7 and 10), was allegedly beaten to death in the wee hours of on Tuesday 5th, February 2024 in their residence in Agip axis of Mile 4, Port Harcourt.


Some friends of the deceased alleged that her husband was in the habit of beating her every day even without provocation.



Close neighbors claim that whenever Chidozie wants to physically abuse his late wife, he will lock her inside their apartment and pummel her to his satisfaction in order not to attract the attention of neighbors.


It was not clear what may have led to the last incident which led to the death of the mother of three boys.

READ  Why I'm supporting Halima Abubakar – Queeneth Agbor


Our source disclosed that after Ufuoma died as a result of injuries she sustained from the alleged physical assault by Chidozie, the suspect fled after calling the brother of the deceased, to come to the house that there is an emergency.

It was gathered that when the brother to the deceased came to their residence, he saw the lifeless body of her sister, but did not meet the husband at home.


But it was gathered that the suspect was arrested on Wednesday morning by police personnel attached to Agip Police Division, Mile 4, Port Harcourt, following credible intelligence.


The Public Relations Officer of Rivers State Police Command, SP Grace Iringe-Koko confirmed the arrest of Chidozie.

SP Grace Iringe Koko, told our reporter in a telephone conversation that the suspect has been arrested and transferred to State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department(SCIID),Port Harcourt for discreet investigation.


A police source however said an autopsy will be carried out on the corpse of the late Ufuoma to ascertain the veracity of allegation against the husband.

READ  Man rapes wife's younger sister, kills mother-in-law, 1 other in Lagos


As at the time of filing this report, the remains of Mrs Ufuoma have been deposited in mortuary .

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Police parade 21 ‘Oodua nation agitators’ arrested over invasion of Oyo secretariat





The Oyo state police command on Monday paraded 21 suspects arrested over the invasion of the state secretariat in Ibadan, the s capital.


On Saturday, security operatives arrested 16 “gunmen” suspected to be members of a group identified as Oodua nation agitators for invading the state secretariat.


The gunmen, who were said to be dressed in military camouflage, were subdued by security personnel.


The security personnel were able to arrest some of the gunmen while others took to their heels and were pursued into the nearby bushes.


Sources said the gunmen were heading to the Oyo state house of assembly premises located within the secretariat when they were repelled.

They were also said to have removed the Nigerian national flag in the secretariat and replaced it with the “Oodua nation flag”, before the intervention of the security personnel.


In a statement on Monday, the Oyo state police command said 21 “Yoruba Nation Agitators“ have been paraded in Ibadan.

READ  Abaribe vows to stand surety for Kanu again


They were paraded alongside seized exhibits such as guns, ammunition, cutlasses, walkie-talkies, and other communication gadgets.


Adebola Hamzat, Oyo state commissioner of police, told journalists that the suspects would be charged with treasonable felony and terrorism.


He added that investigations are ongoing to unmask their sponsors, and other suspects still at large.


Continue Reading

Metro News

Some of my ex-classmates now have 3 children each for terrorists, says freed Chibok girl





Amina Nkeki, one of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls who escaped in 2016, says some of her former classmates still in captivity now have at least three children each for insurgents.


Nkeki spoke on Sunday when she featured on Sunrise Daily, a programme on Channels Television.


On April 14, 2014, terrorists stormed the Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok, Borno state, and abducted about 276 girls.


Some of the girls have been released though the years, others commandeered their escape, while about 108 are still missing.


“Some of them are mothers of three children, four children. It’s not easy for them. I feel so sad because that place is not a good place for anyone,” Nkeki said.


Nkeki said the former schoolgirls are facing hunger, sickness and many other challenges of motherhood, in captivity.


Nkeki said she agreed to marry one of the insurgents while in captivity as an escape strategy.

READ  Man burns wife to death in Lagos


“For me, I married so that I will get freedom to go where I wanted and from there, I will escape,” she added.


“They (insurgents) told us that if we didn’t agree to marry them, we were going to be their slaves. So, because of that fear, some of us thought instead of being slaves, let’s get married.


“That’s how some people decided to get married. And some people took all the risk. Some of us got married that may be it will be a way for of escape, most especially a person like me.”


Nkeki also recounted how she escaped, saying it happened when the troops engaged the insurgents in a gun duel.


“I escaped when soldiers were in the forest to fight those Boko Haram people. They (insurgents) were running to the bush to hide and we (the hostages) also ran,” she said.


“After that, we went our own way. That was how we escaped but because of how big the bush was, we didn’t know our way. It took us one month plus before we came out (of the forest).”

READ  Tinubu commends NGE on peaceful election of new officials, says 'You’re showing the light


Nkeki, who regained freedom with a baby in her arms, is now a 200-level student of mass communication at a university in Yola, the Adamawa state capital.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Police arrest man for killing 100-year-old mum over palm oil proceeds





One Lukman Adejoju, resident of Kajola Village near Apomu in Osun State, has been arrested by operatives of the state police command for allegedly killing his mother, Aminat, who was said to be around 100 years old, following a dispute over proceeds of palm oil sold.


An eyewitness, simply identified as Rasaki, said that Lukman and the deceased hired a labourer who assisted them in selling some kegs of palm oil.


As the labourer wanted to remit the proceeds, the late Aminat reportedly insisted that the money should be paid to her, which infuriated the suspect.


He further said, “Residents of the village were all disappointed when we heard of the incident. The incident happened in Kajola village near Apomu on Saturday at about 4 p.m.


“We heard that Lukman who should be around 63 years old disagreed with his mother Aminat aged 100 years, over who should collect the proceeds from their palm oil plantation.

READ  Anambra community axes 80-year-old man for defiling 10-yr-old girl


“A labourer that was hired by the two of them wanted to remit proceeds of the sales but the mother insisted that she ought to receive it first. That led to a serious misunderstanding. Lukman attacked the woman and killed her.”


The eyewitness noted that the incident “led to tension and many security agents came here. Police, operatives of Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and others all came here to douse the tension.”


Spokesperson for the NSCDC, Osun State Command, Kehinde Adeleke, said the suspect was arrested and taken to a police station in Apomu, adding that normalcy had returned to the village where the incident happened.


The Public Relations Officer, Osun State Police Command, Yemisi Opalola, on Sunday, said the suspect had been transferred to the command headquarters in Osogbo, the state capital, for further investigation.


Opalola said, “They were both going to farm when they disagreed. The suspect said he could not explain the spirit that possessed him. He admitted that he pushed the deceased who should be about 100 years old, and the woman fell and died.

READ  Abaribe vows to stand surety for Kanu again


“He has been transferred to the Criminal Investigation Department in the headquarters in Osogbo for further investigations.”

Continue Reading

Trending News