Connect with us

Metro News

Police place N50 million bounty on two notorious terrorists




The Katsina State police command has offered a N50 million reward to anyone who provides vital information that leads to the arrest of two notorious terrorists operating in the state.

Katsina is one of the Nigeria states most affected by terrorism, locally called banditry.

Usman Modi Modi and Jan Kare are two of the notorious terrorists operating in the state, especially around Kankara and Safana, two of the most vulnerable local government areas in the state.


The police said the decision to place the bounty was part of efforts to tackle crime in the state.


“This reward serves as a testament to our dedication to ensuring justice prevails, as the issue of security is a collective responsibility,” Abubakar-Sadik Aliyu, the command’s spokesperson, said in a statement.

Communities in Batsari, Kurfi, Kankara, Bakori and Faskari have in the last few days suffered attacks by terrorists.

One of the communities, Wurma in Kurfi LGA, was attacked repeatedly last Sunday, Monday and Thursday.

READ  Wicked! Suspects lead police to mass graves containing wives, four others in Benue

On Friday, residents of some of the affected communities staged a protest over their plight and blocked the Dutsin Ma-Katsina highway for several hours.

“This initiative aims to enhance security operations in our dear state and combat the activities of these criminal elements. The identity of the informant and the information provided will be kept strictly confidential to ensure their safety and protection,” the police said.

Aliyu said those willing to share information on the terrorists could do so by going to the command headquarters in Katsina or any nearest police station or by calling 07015142112 and 08023871144.

This is not the first time the police have placed a bounty on a terror kingpin in Katsina.

In 2019, the then Katsina police commissioner, Sanusi Buba, said the command would pay N5 million to anyone who provided information that would lead to the arrest of Ado Aleiro, another terror kingpin.


Aleiro is believed to have led the attack on the Kadisau Community in Faski Local Government Area, killing 52 residents. That attack was in protest of the arrest of his son, Sulaiman, by the police.

READ  Police raid kidnappers’ den in Abuja, arrest one

Three years after the bounty was placed, Aleiro was turbaned as the Sarkin Fulanin Yandoto.

Metro News

Police parade 21 ‘Oodua nation agitators’ arrested over invasion of Oyo secretariat





The Oyo state police command on Monday paraded 21 suspects arrested over the invasion of the state secretariat in Ibadan, the s capital.


On Saturday, security operatives arrested 16 “gunmen” suspected to be members of a group identified as Oodua nation agitators for invading the state secretariat.


The gunmen, who were said to be dressed in military camouflage, were subdued by security personnel.


The security personnel were able to arrest some of the gunmen while others took to their heels and were pursued into the nearby bushes.


Sources said the gunmen were heading to the Oyo state house of assembly premises located within the secretariat when they were repelled.

They were also said to have removed the Nigerian national flag in the secretariat and replaced it with the “Oodua nation flag”, before the intervention of the security personnel.


In a statement on Monday, the Oyo state police command said 21 “Yoruba Nation Agitators“ have been paraded in Ibadan.

READ  Breaking: Five killed as hoodlums attack Imo State Police command


They were paraded alongside seized exhibits such as guns, ammunition, cutlasses, walkie-talkies, and other communication gadgets.


Adebola Hamzat, Oyo state commissioner of police, told journalists that the suspects would be charged with treasonable felony and terrorism.


He added that investigations are ongoing to unmask their sponsors, and other suspects still at large.


Continue Reading

Metro News

Some of my ex-classmates now have 3 children each for terrorists, says freed Chibok girl





Amina Nkeki, one of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls who escaped in 2016, says some of her former classmates still in captivity now have at least three children each for insurgents.


Nkeki spoke on Sunday when she featured on Sunrise Daily, a programme on Channels Television.


On April 14, 2014, terrorists stormed the Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok, Borno state, and abducted about 276 girls.


Some of the girls have been released though the years, others commandeered their escape, while about 108 are still missing.


“Some of them are mothers of three children, four children. It’s not easy for them. I feel so sad because that place is not a good place for anyone,” Nkeki said.


Nkeki said the former schoolgirls are facing hunger, sickness and many other challenges of motherhood, in captivity.


Nkeki said she agreed to marry one of the insurgents while in captivity as an escape strategy.

READ  Bandits abduct 63 in Niger community


“For me, I married so that I will get freedom to go where I wanted and from there, I will escape,” she added.


“They (insurgents) told us that if we didn’t agree to marry them, we were going to be their slaves. So, because of that fear, some of us thought instead of being slaves, let’s get married.


“That’s how some people decided to get married. And some people took all the risk. Some of us got married that may be it will be a way for of escape, most especially a person like me.”


Nkeki also recounted how she escaped, saying it happened when the troops engaged the insurgents in a gun duel.


“I escaped when soldiers were in the forest to fight those Boko Haram people. They (insurgents) were running to the bush to hide and we (the hostages) also ran,” she said.


“After that, we went our own way. That was how we escaped but because of how big the bush was, we didn’t know our way. It took us one month plus before we came out (of the forest).”

READ  Police rescue six kidnapped victims, kill notorious bandit, arrest three in Kaduna


Nkeki, who regained freedom with a baby in her arms, is now a 200-level student of mass communication at a university in Yola, the Adamawa state capital.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Police arrest man for killing 100-year-old mum over palm oil proceeds





One Lukman Adejoju, resident of Kajola Village near Apomu in Osun State, has been arrested by operatives of the state police command for allegedly killing his mother, Aminat, who was said to be around 100 years old, following a dispute over proceeds of palm oil sold.


An eyewitness, simply identified as Rasaki, said that Lukman and the deceased hired a labourer who assisted them in selling some kegs of palm oil.


As the labourer wanted to remit the proceeds, the late Aminat reportedly insisted that the money should be paid to her, which infuriated the suspect.


He further said, “Residents of the village were all disappointed when we heard of the incident. The incident happened in Kajola village near Apomu on Saturday at about 4 p.m.


“We heard that Lukman who should be around 63 years old disagreed with his mother Aminat aged 100 years, over who should collect the proceeds from their palm oil plantation.

READ  Policeman to die by hanging for killing driver over N100 bribe


“A labourer that was hired by the two of them wanted to remit proceeds of the sales but the mother insisted that she ought to receive it first. That led to a serious misunderstanding. Lukman attacked the woman and killed her.”


The eyewitness noted that the incident “led to tension and many security agents came here. Police, operatives of Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and others all came here to douse the tension.”


Spokesperson for the NSCDC, Osun State Command, Kehinde Adeleke, said the suspect was arrested and taken to a police station in Apomu, adding that normalcy had returned to the village where the incident happened.


The Public Relations Officer, Osun State Police Command, Yemisi Opalola, on Sunday, said the suspect had been transferred to the command headquarters in Osogbo, the state capital, for further investigation.


Opalola said, “They were both going to farm when they disagreed. The suspect said he could not explain the spirit that possessed him. He admitted that he pushed the deceased who should be about 100 years old, and the woman fell and died.

READ  JUST IN: Police question Davido’s domestic workers over son’s death


“He has been transferred to the Criminal Investigation Department in the headquarters in Osogbo for further investigations.”

Continue Reading

Trending News