1. Men of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Gombe State Command, have foiled a plan by some individuals to host a same-sex wedding. They arrested 76 suspects in connection with the development.
2. The Nigerian Army has killed one suspected member of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra and Eastern Security Network in Imo State. The army equally said in a statement that it has nabbed a suspected escapee of the Jos jailbreak, Chimezie Chukwu also known as Bigi during different operations in the South East region of the country.
3. The Kogi State Government, on Sunday, said that there was an assassination attempt on the state governor, Yahaya Bello, a few kilometres away from Abuja. According to a statement issued by the State Commissioner for information, Kingsley Fanwo, the attack occurred at about 4 pm on Sunday, October 22, 2023.
4. No fewer than five persons were said to have died in an auto crash that occurred at the Kara Bus Stop section of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway on Sunday. About 15 others reportedly sustained varying degrees of injury and are currently receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital.
5. A grandmother identified as Oluchukwu Nwosu from Nkwelle, Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra State, is in police custody in the state for allegedly selling a newborn for N50, 000. It was gathered that the baby was delivered out of wedlock by the suspect’s daughter identified as Ijeoma. She was arrested after the mother of the baby raised an alarm.
6. The Court of Appeal in Abuja has nullified the victory of the Senate Minority Leader, Simon Mwadkwon, who represents Plateau North Senatorial District. A three-member panel of justices ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to, within 90 days, conduct a fresh election in the senatorial district.
7. Benue State police command, on Sunday, warned that it would not approve any form of protest in the state for the time being. This is contained in a statement by the Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Sewuese Anene and made available to journalists in Makurdi. Anene said that the command was in the know of a planned protest by a group of persons in the state.
8. Suspected Boko Haram insurgents have attacked a customs house in Geidam town, Geidam LGA, Yobe State, killing one officer, identified as Usman Gombe. It was gathered that the insurgents stormed the customs house along Maine Soroa road in a Volkswagen Golf and a Land Rover around 10 pm on Saturday and started shooting.
9. Troops of the 33 Brigade have neutralised the leader of one of the notorious bandits terrorising residents of Ningi Local Government of Bauchi State. It was gathered on Sunday that the notorious bandit identified as Ya’u was killed in an ambush laid for him and his group at a crossing point in Bura, Ningi on Friday.
10. The Federal Government, late Sunday evening, reopened the Third Mainland Bridge barely 24 hours after closure for palliative work. The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos, Mrs. Olukorede Kesha expressed satisfaction with repairs done on the Bridge, assuring motorists of a smooth ride till the commencement of comprehensive rehabilitation in January 2024.
Knocks as Lagos church invites Portable, Pasuma to praise night
A branch of the Celestial Church of Christ in Lagos is facing criticism following the announcement of its praise night event featuring Pasuma, a Fuji singer, and the controversial musician, Portable.
The event flyer, shared on the church’s Facebook page on November 29, 2023, prompted an outcry from numerous users.
Scheduled for December 15, the event drew shock from multiple Facebook users who condemned the church for inviting secular artistes to a praise night.
The church’s post reads: “JOIN US ON 15th OF DEC, 2023”
“As We Celebrate our 7th-year Anniversary on Our ANKARA / PRAISE NIGHT.
“Performing: ALHAJI WASIU ALABI PASUMA a.k.a Oganla,’ ‘HABEEB OLALOMI a.k.a Portable,’ ‘MAY-SHUA,’ ‘EVANG. SUNDAY GP a.k.a De Governor.”
Expressing disappointment, Bolanle Bamidele Adewuyi commented, “This is disheartening… Is this what you turn the Church of God to? It’s hilarious.”
Edafe Oghenebrume labeled the move as sacrilegious, expressing dismay and questioning the spiritual direction of the church leaders and congregation.
“This is a sacrilege in the Celestial Church of Christ. It is disheartening, pathetic, shameful and disgraceful. I wonder about the spiritual orientation of your Shepherd-In-Charge and the congregation.”
Festus Olanrewaji Ojo criticized the decision, emphasizing, “This is a shame! Shame and a very big shame.”
Becky Wunmi Hassan Ayoade expressed concern about the direction of the church, stating, “There is nothing they will not turn celestial church to”.
Ayo Ife humorously remarked, “The artists are not complete yet. Una for kuku add Naira Marley So that the soul winning can complete! Eku ishe oluwa sir.”
However, amidst the criticism, some users expressed eagerness to attend.
Abike Ade affirmed, “I’ll definitely be there.”
Meanwhile, Abike Garment commented, “I must be there make I come dance away my sorrow.”
Kogi guber poll: I won’t challenge election result at tribunal — Dino Melaye
The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the just concluded Kogi State Governorship election, Senator Dino Melaye has announced his decision not to seek legal redress following his electoral loss.
Melaye, who made his decision known at a media briefing in Abuja, on Wednesday, said his decision was hinged on the fact that the judiciary has allegedly become an arm of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.
According to him, it is now public knowledge that the judiciary under the current administration has become the “lost hope” instead of the “last hope” of the common man.
Melaye noted that it was a shame that the judiciary watched helplessly as members of the ruling party boasted of their control over the judiciary during campaigns.
Family dissociates Adedoyin from Osun govt, chief justice face-off
The family of Rahman Adedoyin has, for the umpteenth time, dissociated their patriarch, Rahman Adedoyin from the ongoing face-off between the government , Osun judiciary workers and Chief Justice, Justice Oyebola Adepele-Ojo.
In statement titled, “RE: OSUN CJ REMOVAL: DO NOT USE DR. RAHMAN ADEDOYIN’S CASE AS AN EXCUSE OR DEFENCE AGAINST CORRUPT ALLEGATIONS,” signed by the Director, Media & Publicity of Adedoyin Conglomerate,
Dr Kunle Awojoodu on behalf of the family, condemns what it called as attempt to drag Adedoyin into lingering face-off between the state government and chief judge, Hon Justice O.A. Ojo.
The statement reads: “Attention of the family of Dr Rahman Adedoyin has been drawn to various write ups in various media: social and print by some faceless people trying to drag Dr Adedoyin into the face-off between the Chief Judge of Osun, Hon Justice O.A. Ojo , and the Osun State Government as well as the Osun Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria.
“It is highly disheartening that some elements within the society could, simply, for selfish and face saving reasons, descend so low to the abyss of pedestrianism alleging that it is because of Dr Adedoyin’s case that Governor Adeleke of Osun State is pitched against the CJ and, at the same time, being called to account by the Osun State law makers, when the allegations laid against the CJ before the Osun State House of Assembly contain nothing as such.
“It indubitably smacks of unwarranted malice and sheer hypocrisy that anyone could level this type of mischievous allegation against Dr Adedoyin, (a renowned educationist, a business mogul and one of the major employers of labour in Osun State) who has never been a politician, has no nexus with politics or sought any political contract whatsoever, in their attempt to curry undue public advantage/sympathy or circumvent unavertable responsibilities.
“We, as the family, believe in the rule of law and due process of the law and has never, at any point in time, approached any individual, group of persons, traditional rulers, politicians or anyone at all to subvert the cause of justice. We strongly believe that the impartial court would eventually do justice in the case.
“Unfortunately, our hope was dashed when our patriarch, Dr Ramon Adedoyin was convicted and hurriedly condemned in spite of absence or non existent of an iota of evidence linking him either to the hurriedly and belatedly added charge of murder or any of the earlier charges whatsoever.
“As law abiding citizens, we decided to choose the path of legality and constitutionality by seeking true justice at the appellate Court.
” It is therefore illegal, immoral, and unconstitutional for anyone to link the current imbroglio vis a vis the State Government, the protesting staff of the State Judiciary and the embattled CJ, Hon Justice Ojo Adepele to a case that is still pending at appeal, in order to score cheap political points or personal propaganda.’
The family said Dr Adedoyin does not know and has never met the Governor of Osun State.
It stated further, “Nevertheless, for our family decorum and maturity, we reserve our comments on the demands of one Aliyu and a Yoruba Monarch about Justice Adepele Ojo’s circumstantial evidence by which she hurriedly pronounced the guilt of Dr.Adedoyin without required pieces of evidence.
“Without mincing words, the family strongly dissociates itself from unfounded rumours being peddled and negatively marketed, as usual, to this horrible effect.”
Adedoyin’s family, however, vehemently advised those who take delight in stoking fire in the crisis in the State, especially within the media, to leave Dr Adedoyin and his family alone and “rather explore possibility of a defence via due process of the law. It must be sounded as a point of warning that resorting to cheap blackmail or any pretentious linkage with our family or any member thereof will amount to an ill wind that will legally blow them no good,” the statement said.
Entertainment2 years ago
DJ Dimple Nipple dropped by longtime boyfriend after claiming D’Prince allegedly demanded sex for roles
News3 years ago
Nollywood Actress Nkechi Blessing speaks on plastic surgery, big butts
Sports2 years ago
Meet Ashleigh Plumptre, the ‘Oyinbo’ member of Nigeria Super Falcons [Video]
News3 years ago
Plus size rocks: Ghanaian plus size dancer who can’t travel by air because of her size
Privacy2 years ago
Self-imposed Oba vacates ‘palace’ after warnings by community
News3 years ago
How CCTV ’caught’ Baba Ijesha molesting minor
Entertainment2 years ago
Ini Edo welcomes first child through surrogacy, speaks on past miscarriages
News2 years ago
Gani Adams begs Ooni, Alake to intervene and save Sunday Igboho