Connect with us

Metro News

Lagos college students’ sex romp: Principal denies cover-up, sends six students on indefinite suspension

Published

on

 

The management of the Federal Government College, Ijaniki, Lagos State, has denied allegations of covering up some students caught absconding from school to lodge female classmates in a hotel for sex romps.

The Principal, Mrs Tofunmi Akamo, on Wednesday said the students, numbering six, were picked up from the hotel by the school, adding that the incident happened once.

The story of the students absconding from school with their female counterparts and lodged in hotels for sexual pleasure had earlier been reported by The Punch.

It was also reported that for more than three sessions, including the just-concluded first term, some of the students left the school unnoticed.

But the principal said the incident of students absconding from school to lodge in a hotel happened once.

She claimed that the school management noticed the absence of the students during an urgent roll call at the hostel.

She said, “Our assignment is to mould them and we don’t expect all of them to behave well all the time. So, when they misbehave, it is our duty to do the necessary correction.

“I was called from the school that they did a roll call on Sunday and some students were discovered not to be in the hostel.

“So, that Monday morning, they called their parents to confirm if they were at home and the parents said they were not at home. The parents came to the school; we were all searching and investigating what could have happened.

See also  PDP supporters storm Abuja, march to INEC office to protest election outcome

“One of the parents of those girls told us that the girls went to the hotel, jumping the fence on Sunday. We went to the hotel to evacuate them. They were five that were evacuated; two boys and three girls.

“When they came to the school, we asked them to write reports; it was through the report that we even discovered that there was another girl who left on Monday to come back to school, while others still remained in the hotel.

“We made them write their reports and they faced a disciplinary committee, which gave a verdict on what to be done to them according to the guidelines given to us from the ministry.

“The children are currently on indefinite suspension; that is the guideline recommended for them. We normally involve their parents and hand such letters and their children to them. The girls and the boys are no longer in the dormitories. That is the only incident that happened and it happened two or three weeks before we vacated this last term.”

Akamo described allegations that the students used drugs as unfounded.

“Late last session when they were writing an external examination, we discovered that some boys were not in the hostel during roll check and we learnt that they normally went to a nightclub around our school.

See also  Randy father of four dies, married mother of two lover in coma after sex romp in Imo hotel

“My chief security officer went there around 9pm and at that time they had not arrived at the club. So, the owner of the club collected the number of my CSO so that he would inform him.

“By 11pm, they called my CSO and by 1am we brought about 10 of them back to school. One of them was my assistant head boy and immediately, we had an assembly; I brought all of them out and de-badged the prefects among them.

“I also asked them to leave the dormitories; but they could be coming to sit their external examinations, which they were writing at that time. I told them they could no longer stay in the hostel.

“There is no history of anybody getting pregnant as a student. We knew one of the girls had one million naira in her account. I am sure this child has been showing all of these things at home. It cannot be that it was inside the school that she learnt how to go and make money from sex.

“The only time we had an issue of a pregnancy in the school was a blind girl. The lady got pregnant during COVID-19 at a place she used to go to play with people. After we did a test and we discovered she was pregnant, we invited the father and she left the school. I told her that she could not stay in the school because we are training young girls and not mothers-to-be.

See also  Eid-el-Fitr: Sultan asks Muslims to look out for new moon on Monday

“The claim by the PTA chairman that one of the students impregnated another student is not true. There is nothing like that; I am not aware and if that happens I will know.”

The Global President of the Old Students Association of the school, Toun Aderele, said the school management committee, which comprised all stakeholders of the school was saddled with the responsibility of making decisions on such issues.

Aderele added that the recommendation of the committee was always sent to the Federal Ministry of Education in Abuja for conclusion.

She also lamented that some parents had been frustrating the efforts of the school authority in instilling discipline.

She said, “There is a lot of resistance from parents. In fact, there are times parents challenge the authorities on why they should bring their children out and why they should take a certain decision.

“The old students association is always on the heels of the management to ensure that they live up to expectation. The principal has absolutely no wrong in this matter; she has stood as a principal, mother and taken all the necessary decisions.”

The Executive Director, Special Duties, National Association of Nigerian Students, Oladimeji Uthman, said the student body would constitute a committee to look into the matter.

Uthman described the act allegedly committed by the students as barbaric and disheartening.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro News

Terrorists release videos of abducted Ogbomoso school principal, teacher as they beg FG, Makinde for help

Published

on

By

Videos showing the principal and a teacher who were abducted from schools in Oriire LGA of Oyo state have been released by their abductors.

It would be recalled that suspected terrorists attacked Baptist Nursery and Primary School, Yawota; Community Grammar School, Esiele; and L.A. Primary School in Ogbomoso, all in Oriire LGA last Friday.

The Oyo police command said two people were killed during the attack on the schools. At least 45 schoolchildren and teachers were reportedly kidnapped during the incident.

The commissioner for information in Oyo state, Dotun Oyelade, said the kidnappers have been reportedly trapped in a section of the Old Oyo National Park.

In one of the trending videos, Alamu F.O, principal of Community High School, Esiele, narrated how gunmen invaded the school on Friday at about 9:30 am.

The principal said the staff members and students at the school were abducted during the attack.

See also  Tinubu signed 2023 peace accord, presidency replies Kukah

“We have been here since Friday. I’m making this video to ask for help from everyone, starting from the Federal Government, Oyo state governor, Seyi Makinde, Christian Association of Nigeria, and all well-meaning Nigerians,” she pleaded.

“Come to our help and settle this thing peacefully so that our lives will not be lost.”

The background of the video shows that it was shot in a forest.

Another video shows a woman carrying a child on her back, who identified herself as Temitope, a worker at First Baptist Church, Yawota.

While in tears, she said the gunmen attacked the Baptist School on Friday and kidnapped the teachers and schoolchildren.

“Please help us. We need help. Tinubu, please help us. Our governor, Seyi Makinde, please help us. The children are here crying. Please help us so that we won’t waste our lives,” she said.

Continue Reading

Metro News

NDLEA intercepts ammunition concealed in bags of garri

Published

on

By

Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency have intercepted a large cache of military-grade ammunition concealed inside bags of bags of garri during one of the agency’s anti-narcotics operations.

A suspect, Husaini Suleiman, 42, was arrested in connection with the ammunition during a raid operation at Dan Magaji area of Zaria town, Kaduna state.

The agency also discovered thousands of pills of tramadol 225mg hidden inside a keg of red oil in a separate interception.

In a statement released on Sunday, the agency’s spokesman, Femi Babafemi, disclosed that officers often come across other dangerous items while searching for illicit drugs and concealed narcotics.

The statement said, “In the course of our work searching for illicit drug concealment, we also stumble on other items that constitute threats to national security as it happened in the attached videos.

“In one instance, #ndlea_nigeria officers discovered a large cache of military grade ammunition in cassava flakes (garri) and in the second video, thousands of tramadol 225mg pills were found concealed in a keg of red oil.”

See also  Buhari yet to sign Electoral Act Amendment Bill — Sources

Continue Reading

Metro News

Five killed, nine rescued as building collapses in Abuja

Published

on

By

Five people are reportedly killed after a building collapsed in the Durumi 3 area of Abuja, near the popular Gudu Market.

According to reports, the iincident occurred at about 9:00 a.m. on Saturday.

The Mandate Secretary for Health and Human Services in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Dr. Adedolapo Fasawe, who spoke on behalf of rescue agencies, confirmed that 15 people were pulled from the rubble.

According to Dr. Fasawe, nine victims were rescued alive, while five were confirmed dead. One person remains in critical condition.

Dr. Fasawe said preliminary findings by the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) suggest that the developer may have compromised the quality of cement mixture used during construction.

She urged residents and developers intending to build in the nation’s capital to obtain the necessary approvals from the FCT Development Control before commencing construction.

See also  Two Kwara varsity lovers found dead, naked inside hostel room
Continue Reading

Trending News