Connect with us

Metro News

Troops Kill terrorists harvesting farmers’ crops in Zamfara

Published

on

 

The troops of the Operation Hadarin Daji, have neutralized some terrorists at Yar Tashar village in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State.

According to reports, the terrorists were reportedly killed while they were trying to harvest farmers’ produce in the village.

The military personnel also killed a notorious bandit kingpin identified as Bada, who was reported to have attacked the village market and killed some farmers before he started harvesting their produce.

The Director, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. Musa Danmadami, who disclosed this in a statement issued Monday morning, explained that the troops recovered one motorcycle, some weapons and other valuables from the adversaries.
Danmadami said the troops had been charged to maintain the same tempo in stopping enemies from bringing the nation down, calling on the general public to avail troops with credible and timely information on criminal activities.

The senior military officer also disclosed that the troops responded to bandits’ attack on Gamraki village, Kwatarkwashi District of Bungudu Local Government Area of the state, where they engaged the terrorists who had kidnapped two locals.

READ  Unthinkable! Terrorists threaten to Buhari, El-Rufai (Video)

He said, “Troops of Operation HADARIN DAJI on November 6, 2022 responded to bandits attack at Gamraki village, Kwatarkwashi District of Bungudu Local Government Area, Zamfara State.

“Troops discovered and engaged bandits who had kidnapped two locals. Troops engaged the bandits, rescued the kidnapped victims, neutralized 1 bandit while others fled with gunshot injuries. Troops recovered 1 AK-47 rifle, 1 magazine, 2 rounds of 7.62mm special among others.

“On the same day, troops also responded to bandits attack on farmers harvesting their produce at Yar Tashar village in Maru Local Government Area, Zamfara State. Troops neutralized a notorious bandit kingpin identified as Mr Bada.
“Bada was said to have attacked Yar Tashar village market and killed some farmers on October 13, 2022. Troops recovered 1 motorcycle, some weapons and valuables.

“The military high command commends troops of Operation HADARIN DAJI and encourages the general public to avail troops with credible and timely information on criminal activities.”

READ  FG suffers N307.49bn revenue shortfall in four months

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Metro News

Police rescue two children abandoned by mothers in Lagos

Published

on

By

 

The Lagos State Police Command says operatives of the Rapid Response Squad unit in the state have rescued two children abandoned by their mothers in the Marina area of the state.

This is contained in a statement posted on its official Twitter handle on Friday.

The children were identified as five-year-old Chidara and three-year-old Shonton Chukwu.

The RRS said that the children were rescued on Thursday at about 6:00 p.m.

“Our patrol team at Marina saw two underage boys on the expressway about to be run over by speeding vehicles.

“The boys disclosed that their mother boarded a car and left them,” the command wrote.

The RRS said that the children had been taken to the Adeniji-Adele Police Division to be reunited with their parents.

READ  Nigeria earned N12.4tn from crude oil in 11 months – Report
Continue Reading

Metro News

How Diezani shared $115m to politicians to compromise 2015 polls – EFCC

Published

on

By

 

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has said that its investigation shows that Diezani Alison-Madueke, a former minister of petroleum resources, allegedly gave politicians $115 million to compromise the 2015 elections.

Abdulrasheed Bawa, the EFCC chairperson, said this at an induction retreat for new resident electoral commissioners (INEC) in Lagos.

Bawa was represented by Adukwu Michael, the chief superintendent of the anti-graft agency.

Diezani was the minister of petroleum resources from 2010 to 2015 during the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan

Shortly before Jonathan handed over to President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015, she left the country.

The former minister is alleged to have stolen $2.5 billion from the Nigerian government while she was a minister.

She has, however, denied the allegations, while the EFCC has since commenced a process to extradite her.

The Federal Government had gained forfeiture of Diezani’s properties located in Banana Island Foreshore Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos, including 18 flats and six penthouses.

READ  40 percent of new registered voters are students, says INEC

‘OUR FOCUS IS TO DISCOURAGE USE OF MONEY TO INFLUENCE ELECTION’

The EFCC chairperson’s representative said some of the monies allegedly stolen by Diezani have been recovered by the agency.

He disclosed that the anti-graft agency is focusing on how to discourage vote buying.

“The commission’s focus in election management is discouraging the use of money to influence the outcome of election,” THISDAY quoted him as saying.

“Electoral spending by politicians often leads to voter inducement and vote buying.

“Parties often induce voter with money because they lack proper and realistic policies to convince the electorate to vote them into power.

“Whenever one is induced to sell his vote, he automatically loses moral ground to challenge corrupt tendencies of those elected.

“In the 2015 discreet investigation, the commission was able to uncover a grand plan to compromise the 2015 general election through massive cash payments to politicians.

“$115 million was paid out to politicians by former minister of petroleum resources, Diezani Alison-Madukwe, to compromise the election.

READ  Family of seven die after eating ‘poisonous’ dinner in Zamfara

“Some of the money was recovered while many of the culprits are being prosecuted with few convictions recorded. At the heart of EFCC strategy to curb voter inducement is inter-agency collaboration and information sharing.

Continue Reading

Metro News

Gunmen attack mosque in Delta, many injured

Published

on

By

Some unknown gunmen, early Friday morning attacked a mosque in Ughelli, Delta state, leaving 11 worshippers injured.

According to some residents, the attack took place at about 6.47 am when some Muslim faithful were holding their morning prayers at the Central Mosque, located along Okoroda street in Ughelli.

The resident who gave his name simply as Larry, said many residents were jolted from their sleep by gunshots followed by loud cries from people inside the mosque.

“My name is Larry, I am a commercial vehicle driver here in Ughelli. I live very close to the central mosque, so this morning at about 6.45 am we heard a shooting at the mosque.

“Because of fear, many people in my compound were frightened and we remained inside only peeping through our windows.

“As the shooting lasted, we heard loud cries from some worshippers inside the mosque,” Larry said.
According to him, after the invaders left, many residents thronged to the mosque in their numbers to see what happened.

READ  Old habits die hard: Hushpuppi pulls off fresh $400k scam inside California prison

He said residents helped to evacuate injured worshippers, adding that those that survived the attack suffered severe injuries.

Larry said that some of the worshippers told residents that three of their fellow worshippers were taken away by the gunmen.

Delta police spokesperson, DSP Bright Edafe, confirmed the attack but said that only 11 worshippers were injured in the attack.

He, however, did not confirm the abduction of three worshippers.

“I just called the DPO at Ughelli and he confirmed to me that 11 persons were injured in the attack at the mosque.
“However, the police have commenced an investigation into the incident and we will update you as we work to unravel the culprits.

“For now, no arrest has been made but I can assure you that we will get those involved,” Edafe said.

Continue Reading

Trending News