Connect with us

Trending News

Why I rejected offer by four billionaires to buy me private jet – Adeboye

Published

on

 

The General Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has narrated how he rejected the move by four biggest billionaires to buy him a private jet.

Adeboye, in one of his sermons, said the incident took place many years ago when the naira was still very strong and even stronger than the dollars.

“At a stage of your history, four of the biggest billionaires in Nigeria were worshiping here. I am talking of billionaires at a time when billion naira means billion naira. At a time when the Naira was stronger than the Dollar.

“At a stage in RCCG’s history, some of the members here met and decided they will buy me a jet. I’m talking of decades ago; not today. I had to stop them because I heard about their plan. They were already contacting one of my children who works with American Airline in America.

“How do we get a very nice well used jet for our pastor?” I had to stop them; said, “Ah! buying a jet is one thing; maintaining it is another thing. That right now, I need money to build Churches; not a jet,” Adeboye explained.

READ  Breaking: Lagos Assembly cuts pensions for Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode by half

He added: “In case you don’t believe me, well, there’s evidence. When 9/11 happened, and America was trying to find out who and who could be connected with bombing their something, they saw a record. You know, every telephone call you make to America is recorded.

“In case you don’t know, know it now. They saw in their database that there was a time some people in Nigeria were trying to buy a jet from American Airlines. So they sent their operatives to go and pick up my son there.

“To find out what happened to that project. Then they discovered it is a pastor they wanted to buy it for. And they felt a pastor is not going to be a bomber. That’s you! That’s where you are!”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Ooni’s new wife adds colour to Olojo festival

Published

on

By

 

The new wife of Ooni of Ife, Mariam Ajibola, on Saturday stepped out with her husband, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, for the first since she got married to the royal father on Saturday as the annual Olojo Festival got underway in Ile-Ife, Osun State.

Mariam, who attended the event with her husband, and other dignitaries that included; Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola and Osun state Deputy governor, Benedict Alabi, among others, was dressed in all white attire, and was seen speaking with the royal father as different groups paid homage to the Ooni during the ceremony.

The new Yeyeluwa of Ife is attending Olojo, a major cultural celebration in Ile-Ife, during which Ooni will adorn ‘Are crown,’ for the first time as Ooni’s wife.

The new queen was ushered into Ile Oodua Palace in Ile-Ife at 8pm on Tuesday, September 6 by her mother and other members of her family from Kogi and Kwara states and since then, she had not attended any public outing.

READ  UPDATED: UNILAG shuts hostels, reverts to online classes over outbreak of suspected COVID-19 cases

Continue Reading

Metro News

84-year-old man rapes 8-yr-old child in Ogun

Published

on

By

 

Operatives of the Ogun State Police Command have arrested one 84-year-old Stephen Jack for allegedly defiling an eight-year-old girl (name withheld).

The state Public Relations Officer, SP Abimbola Oyeyemi, disclosed this in a statement issued on Saturday in Abeokuta.

Oyeyemi said the octogenarian who resides at Okun Owa area of Ijebu Ode was arrested following a report lodged at Obalende divisional headquarters.

He said the girl’s father had told the police he discovered that his daughter was bleeding from her private part.

According to Oyeyemi, the father said when he asked the little girl why she was bleeding, she informed him that the suspect had sex with her.

Oyeyemi said the DPO Obalende division, Murphy Salami, immediately detailed his detectives to the scene, where the “randy old man” was apprehended.

“Preliminary investigation revealed that the old man is a known pedophile in the area,” he said.

Oyeyemi said the victim had been taken to the General Hospital Ijebu Ode for medical treatment.

READ  UPDATED: UNILAG shuts hostels, reverts to online classes over outbreak of suspected COVID-19 cases

He quoted the Commissioner of Police, Lanre Bankole, to have directed the transfer of the suspect to State Criminal Investigation Departments for more investigation and possible prosecution.

Continue Reading

News

Keyamo: Why Osinbajo was not included in Tinubu’s campaign council

Published

on

By

 

The campaign council of the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, has cleared the air surrounding the absence of Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo from the list of patrons.

In a statement released on Saturday by Festus Keyamo, spokesperson of the council, the APC camp said Osinbajo was left out of the lineup to allow him “concentrate on governance of the country and administration of government.”

On Friday, the APC presidential campaign council released a list containing 422 names of its members.

Osinbajo was absent from the list alongside Yakubu Dogara, former speaker of the house of representatives, Babachir Lawal, former secretary to the government of the federation, and Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, former minister of state for education.

 

The vice-president had contested the APC presidential ticket with Tinubu, and it appeared to have severed the relationship between the duo.

The absence of Osinbajo’s name from the campaign council further fuels the suspicion of an awry turn in their relationship.

READ  Court sentences man to death by hanging for, kidnapping, killing sister's son

Addressing the situation, the campaign team said President Muhammadu Buhari ordered the omission of the vice-president and Boss Mustapha, secretary to the government of the federation, from the list.

The statement:

“Our attention has been drawn to some stories making the rounds that there may be something amiss within the family of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as the name of our own revered and respected Vice-President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, GCON, is not included in the list of the Tinubu/Shettima Presidential Campaign Council,” the statement read.

“Nothing can be farther from the facts. For the avoidance of doubt, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, is the chairman of the campaign council. As a result, Mr President has SPECIFICALLY directed that the Vice-President and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, should be left out of the Campaign Council to concentrate on the governance of the country and administration of government.

READ  PDP convention: Secondus takes case to Supreme Court, vows to stop alleged impunity

“As a responsible party and government, all the key functionaries of government cannot abandon their positions for electioneering campaigns. The APC has the mandate of the Nigerian people to administer the country on their behalf at least till May 29, 2023, and this we intend to do with all sense of responsibility.

“Our candidates and the leadership of the APC have also indicated that the list is not sacrosanct as there may be periodic review of it as circumstances dictate.

“We will not toe the path of those who governed the country in an irresponsible manner before us, and our Party is not in total disarray like those who wish to ‘rescue’ the country but cannot simply manage their own internal affairs.”

 

Continue Reading

Trending News