Connect with us

News

You lied: Police speak on alleged kidnap of Fayose’s brother

Published

on

 

The Osun State police command has debunked reports that Isaac Fayose, younger brother to the ex-Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose, was attacked by suspected kidnappers at the Gbongan area of the state.

The police, in a statement issued by its spokesperson in the state, Yemisi Opalola, said the report being circulated on social media was untrue as Fayose jnr. had given them the account of what happened.

“It has come to the knowledge of the command the circulation of a report on social media indicating that Isaac Fayose narrowly escaped death by the whiskers from gunmen attacks along Ife-Ibadan highway on Monday,” the police statement read.

“The command hereby wishes to inform all members of the public that no such incident was reported in any part of the state.

“Members of the public are hereby enjoined to report any complaints or incidences to the nearest police station, not on social media.”

READ  Pastor docked over alleged N15m fraud

The spokesperson said the command had contacted Isaac Fayose and he narrated what happened.

“Mr Fayose stated that while he was on transit from Ekiti to Lagos State, at a point after Asejire Dam, towards Ibadan, he saw some travelers making u-turn for fear of being attacked by presumed armed robbers.

”And in his own attempt to make a u-turn also, he had a minor accident.

“He stated further that, he did not see the purported kidnappers, neither was anyone injured nor abducted from the scene,” Mrs Opalola said.

She said the Commissioner of Police, Olawale Olokode, urged the public to always verify the authenticity of information they receive via the social media before circulating it.

She further advised residents to ensure that they make proper report of any incident to the nearest police station in the state.

“They can also call the police on the following numbers: 08067788119 (PPRO Osun), 08039537995, 08123823981, 08075872433 (control room).

READ  Insecurity: Police give Nigerians police 15 tips on how to stay safe

“Police in Osun, under the leadership of Olokode will not relent in their efforts to ensure that the citizens of the state and travelers are safe and their property secured,” she said.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Ooni’s new wife adds colour to Olojo festival

Published

on

By

 

The new wife of Ooni of Ife, Mariam Ajibola, on Saturday stepped out with her husband, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, for the first since she got married to the royal father on Saturday as the annual Olojo Festival got underway in Ile-Ife, Osun State.

Mariam, who attended the event with her husband, and other dignitaries that included; Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola and Osun state Deputy governor, Benedict Alabi, among others, was dressed in all white attire, and was seen speaking with the royal father as different groups paid homage to the Ooni during the ceremony.

The new Yeyeluwa of Ife is attending Olojo, a major cultural celebration in Ile-Ife, during which Ooni will adorn ‘Are crown,’ for the first time as Ooni’s wife.

The new queen was ushered into Ile Oodua Palace in Ile-Ife at 8pm on Tuesday, September 6 by her mother and other members of her family from Kogi and Kwara states and since then, she had not attended any public outing.

READ  Beninese court grants Igboho access to medical care

Continue Reading

News

Keyamo: Why Osinbajo was not included in Tinubu’s campaign council

Published

on

By

 

The campaign council of the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, has cleared the air surrounding the absence of Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo from the list of patrons.

In a statement released on Saturday by Festus Keyamo, spokesperson of the council, the APC camp said Osinbajo was left out of the lineup to allow him “concentrate on governance of the country and administration of government.”

On Friday, the APC presidential campaign council released a list containing 422 names of its members.

Osinbajo was absent from the list alongside Yakubu Dogara, former speaker of the house of representatives, Babachir Lawal, former secretary to the government of the federation, and Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, former minister of state for education.

 

The vice-president had contested the APC presidential ticket with Tinubu, and it appeared to have severed the relationship between the duo.

The absence of Osinbajo’s name from the campaign council further fuels the suspicion of an awry turn in their relationship.

READ  Container crushes two vehicles, kills one on Otedola Bridge

Addressing the situation, the campaign team said President Muhammadu Buhari ordered the omission of the vice-president and Boss Mustapha, secretary to the government of the federation, from the list.

The statement:

“Our attention has been drawn to some stories making the rounds that there may be something amiss within the family of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as the name of our own revered and respected Vice-President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, GCON, is not included in the list of the Tinubu/Shettima Presidential Campaign Council,” the statement read.

“Nothing can be farther from the facts. For the avoidance of doubt, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, is the chairman of the campaign council. As a result, Mr President has SPECIFICALLY directed that the Vice-President and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, should be left out of the Campaign Council to concentrate on the governance of the country and administration of government.

READ  Buhari returns after medical checkup in London

“As a responsible party and government, all the key functionaries of government cannot abandon their positions for electioneering campaigns. The APC has the mandate of the Nigerian people to administer the country on their behalf at least till May 29, 2023, and this we intend to do with all sense of responsibility.

“Our candidates and the leadership of the APC have also indicated that the list is not sacrosanct as there may be periodic review of it as circumstances dictate.

“We will not toe the path of those who governed the country in an irresponsible manner before us, and our Party is not in total disarray like those who wish to ‘rescue’ the country but cannot simply manage their own internal affairs.”

 

Continue Reading

News

Shock as PDP senator, Chimaroke Nnamani, makes APC presidential campaign council list

Published

on

By

 

Chimaroke Nnamani, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and senator representing Enugu east senatorial district, has been listed a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign council.

In a 422-man committee released by James Faleke, secretary, APC presidential campaign council, on Friday, Nnamani is the 350th on the list as a member.

Prior to his announcement, Nnamani did not announce his exit from the PDP.

But in August, Nnamani, in a long-thread tweet, said he is in opposition to the “shameless campaigns and parodies” aimed at the health of Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the APC.

Nnamani, a medical doctor, said he is appalled by the “extreme and unprofessional” forms of attacks directed at the former Lagos state governor over his health.

“I vigorously oppose, protest and detest the shameless campaigns and parodies targeting Tinubu’s health,” he wrote.

“As a health worker, I am amazed by ignorance, foolishness, wickedness and callousness of these idiotic operators. I believe they are unwarranted, extremely unprofessional, and have no place in our polity.

READ  Police arrest suspect in Katsina commissioner’s assasination

Nnamani also cited Tinubu’s works in the criminal justice sector, education, and health, adding that he left a “lasting legacy of hard work in Lagos infrastructure”.

He did not answer or return calls and SMS sent to his mobile phone.

But Felix Morka, APC national publicity secretary, said he would respond later.

Continue Reading

Trending News